If Macaroni and cheese is on the menu at any restaurant you better believe I’m ordering it. But when it comes to making it at home I never can get the sauce right, until I found this Crockpot recipe from SlickHousewives. The biggest shocker is that this Macaroni and Cheese Crockpot recipe tastes better than other stove top recipes I’ve tried. So if you are getting ready for game day and feeding a crowd this recipe will aim to please!
Total Price: $19.76
- 1 box of large shell pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Slow Cooker Liner
- Dash of paprika (Optional)
- Add a slow cooker liner to your Crockpot for easy clean up.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 minutes until its almost al dente. Then drain and add it to your Crockpot.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cheese over medium heat.
- Combine cheese mixture, sour cream, cheddar cheese soup, salt, pepper, milk, dry mustard in your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours and stir occasionally.
Tips: Add bacon or sriracha or both to give your Macaroni and cheese a kick.